I'm writing this before the sleep deprivation takes my memories. So here are my top ten (more or less)
1. The Death of Zeltharin. Such feels. Thanks John and Hannah. 2."Is this what my life has become? THIS IS AMAZING!" 3."If only Breaug was here." Breaug walks around the corner. "Wow. That's actually amazing." "Divine providence, bitches." 4. "I'll... see you... in... Mulam". 5. Loki's trial. Questionable morality, the right answer. 6. That map. Watching people try to pick it up. 7. Rocky Horror Picture Show. The casting will be perfect. 8. Garnet. Oh, my heart. 9. Knife fighting with Whitlock. Disarmed his ax with my dagger, irl, and no one was watching. I promise. It was awesome. 10. The Warchief's Trials. "There are no more clans. There is only the Federation of Orcish Might." 11. -REDACTED- 12. The didgeridoo and other surprising gifts 13. Setting Zelragon's remains to rest. 14. The repeater. Ever. Single. Time. And then, "Is that a fucking demon?" 15. 22 hours straight of consciousness, 7 hours of sleep all weekend. What a great holy day.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this awesome. Staff and npc's. Thanks to my church and my orcs.
It is the responsibility of good men to bear the weight of sin so lesser men don't have to.
1.) Me: "Church of bellinger votes, no banishment." Boz: "Slag, that must hurt." Slag cuts Boz with Wrath. Alexander (I think is was Alexander): "Boz, Don't poke the bear."
2.) The repeater. Every time but one. Whos next? Soloran? I bet there will be a demon.... If only I said it out loud.
3.) Plan Agon is a go!
4.) Conversations with Zelraggen. Ernie, you did a valiant job, but you aren't quite in Slag's head like John F.
5.) Ash! What the hell? <Remainder Redacted>
6.)Slag: "We aren't REALLY committing genocide on the Skur, we are destroying a phylactry they all happened to be bound to." Someone:"So you are killing all the Skur, that is genocide." Slag:"Yeah ok, just don't say that to the Fayans."
7.)"Triple 12 Damage by Rage"
8.)Fighting along side Whitlock, who was happy to be "Just an initiate".
9.) A lawn gnome disappearing and hearing someone ask "Where is Loki?"
10.) Executing Jack Thompson, hearing the tavern side door open up, looking up and meeting Archer's gaze and the small smirk that followed.
I just want to set the world on fire...
#13284323 Jun 05, 2017 at 02:58 PM · Edited 3 months ago
first - why is this under the stoneheim market? Weird
That said, my list
From the Queen of Hearts: <paraphrase> By my Dwarven Middle Finger I Repel You! (I may have clapped and uttered ‘well, you win’) Calder slitting the threat of a Jack - the visual amused me Honestly, there was a point in the mod where I stood back and just goggled - the fighting was frenetic and beautiful to my Chaotic Soul The three fantastical females that helped me run the Alice mod – Elaine, Tristin, & Kelley ; it’s easy to do what I do when I have support like you - I especially loved the Three Queens interactions
Especially Tommy's (Archer's) masterful, over-the-top, James Brown throwing off a cape level of Dramatic Lawyering ["You are horrible people!"]
Ham Jesus (and his pineapple halo) – also Butterfly Tsunami (thank you Hannah – you are a delight)
Artifice’s booty and all the hand gestures in explanation
Roleplaying with new people through the Alice story – I got something different and fantastic out of each one
Adding to that – This won’t make sense unless you’ve experienced it with me: it’s really fun to experience the action as whichever character I am (in this case the Queen of Hearts) then ask the players about it as Alicia as if I HADN’T been there. Honest to God, you guys are all Sports to play along with this concept
Hearing that Siobhan took a real-life day off to solve puzzles – I’m in AWE of you
Chris Silva going out as the Interior Designer – never was a role so well-cast
The reactions as the Lady of Undying Embers consumed Elron – every indrawn breath and exclamation filled me with joy
House Bastion - you all are great when you come to script, you are great when you play - thank you for being you, every one of you!
- Figuring out which rituals were real in the Plane of Dreams... The fake ones all had a tell such as the hazard being "A Lot" or the tier being well into the hundreds, or the required god being "Apple"... or the title being "Magical Dissing"
- Kim coming up to me after the event and letting me know that I gave her a wonderful idea. Why do I get the feeling that I just accidentally killed someone(s)?
- Getting a very solemn and respectable Jaad hat
- Lucky giving me a celebratory... I think drink is too mundane a word for the concoction that rolled down my throat. Needless to say I was almost instantly rendered drunk. That is, until Jaad bitch slapped my brain into sobriety.
- A few cards ambush House Bastion and start dragging Nogard away. Look around... nope just Bastion around... okay "Imbue Arcane Form to Self" and started dropping jacks left and right. Thanks to Lydia and Cielardos, that Arcane form lasted for about 6 full sets of resources for me.
- Slowing moving up the corridor towards the morgue. I so rarely get to unload every ounce of mana that I have in 30 seconds... repeatedly.
- Roasting, lamenting, waxing philosophical, awkward small talk, and having a mental breakdown while covering both halves of a conversation with the corpse of your former high priestess... Apparently all valid ways to return spirits to their bodies.
- Becoming a high priest on my one year anniversary in Stoneheim. This was absolutely unexpected. Also, one year do-over: Me, incapacitated and being dragged off to die in front of Annaleen. This time there was no frenzying Striker to distract her and it went much better this time.
- Preaching the word of Jaad to so many new hopefuls
- Talking with Robert then Alicia.
- Dwarven Sniper Root from the top of the hill. Run-Really-Fast-Guy (never learned his actual name) got to learn what happens when a biped at maximum velocity suddenly finds that the very bones of the earth have engulfed your leg Hint: His momentum didn't change, but the direction of that momentum did
- My first critical success on a ritual. Naturally it was when we were only initiating a single person into House Bastion, so I only saved 1 blue korba, but still felt so good
- A thousand other things I cannot yet remember
Giant thank you to all the directors, scripts, and players who make this craziness possible.
I don't have an active Facebook account anymore (and I really don't want to reactivate it), so you (anyone who manages the Facebook page, or any other social media directly run by LIONE) have my permission to re-post anything that I post publicly.
Here we go... Dwarven Sniper Root from the top of the hill. Run-Really-Fast-Guy (never learned his actual name) got to learn what happens when a biped at maximum velocity suddenly finds that the very bones of the earth have engulfed your leg Hint: His momentum didn't change, but the direction of that momentum did
Physics lesson of the day: Momentum is a vector based value. So, if the direction of travel changes, that means the Momentum changes.
I'm scared that if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will kill me.
Sure why not: will Copy and Paste to FB when I remember
*The Guantlet battle to O'Niel. It was nail biting on all sides and made it feel epic! (I'm in so much pain)
*Behind the Scenes giggles!
*Going out as Jack and the reactions always tickle me.
*Jack's last words trial turning a victory into conflict and reluctance for a lot of people.
*John to Dave "Okay; what are we missing what needs to be done still?!" Dave: "Uhh.. nothing? We did it.." John to Tiffy: "Take more NPCs if you need it!" --The FIRST TIME I've ever heard anyone anywhere say that at a LARP as an NPC. It was pure joy.
*Eroll: Expose Human! JT: Hey! Hey! Hey! Easy man.. I'll run but cmon. Eroll: "Oh yeah ha!" -Proceeds to yell Amalkin- "Thanks, much better. I'll go get the rat"
I can't wait to talk more about the stories after the campaign ends if I'm able.
I don't have much because I crunched most of the game where I could and got stuck working Saturday. It messed up my whole game plan with Toshi but the end of the Arc with Scur was amazing to be a part of!
- Elemental string theory - "The thumb goes on the other side!" - the brick vs broken bottle fight - Finally killing O'Neal - The skur fight: Errol's NPC "Oh great she's a fuckin Fayan! I really hate those guys!" Errol's NPC "Voice to Kesta, imbue madness" me "You killed the only one..." Errol "Good!" - Elron roasting on an open fire... - The Sunday morning fight against the Black Sun. We haven't had a good Sunday morning fight in awhile. - Lucky's mode - drunken missives - seeing Alreo ascend High Priest of the Wylds, she's so proud! - Aramis "Hey are you in game" NPC (from across the field) "Yes" Lucky "By my gesture drain by Brastamere" & Aramis (simultaneously) "By my gesture root by earth."
6. Will: "Triple death by magic." Tony-Skur: *wide eyes* "Gooot it." *crumples* Wait a few hours. Will: "Triple death by magic." Tony-Skur: "Reduce to 1, reduce to 1, reduce to 1." Will: *wide eyes* "ooookay then..."
7. "Archer, what have we learned?" "Nothing! I'm going to mouth off to Zelragan as much as I want now."
8. Errol-Skur: "Expose humans!" Will: *turns to Cyrus* "If he says madness to humans, I'm throwing you at him." Cyrus: "Yeah sure buddy." Errol-Skur: "Madness to hum-" Will: "Off you go!" *throws Cyrus*
9. "Lucky is trying to make the chickens fly." *Whole table looks out the window just in time to see Lucky running past the glass doors with a flapping chicken held over his head."
10. Will: "At some point, O'Neil woke up and said to himself, "Today's the day. Today I'm gonna become a lich. All I need is the heart of Li Shan and my garden gnome.""
Bonus: Ash's first words after looking in the mirror: "I'm gonna have to wear sunblock again..."
#13286736 Jun 07, 2017 at 12:02 AM · Edited 1 month ago
1. Playing Ursula basically the entire weekend and getting to just hang out and be with players
2. A certain Grey Half Orc Bellingerian Ascended Warchief - rampant flirting, serious moments, leader talk, reflecting on less-than-glorious pasts
3. Philosophical discussion with Carpenter about purpose, what The Wylds/nature means to him and Vision Quests
4. Rocky Horror Picture Show casting!!! This needs to happen!
5. Heading into game Saturday to gather the Wylds church to discuss and debate ascending Alreo...only to find they had already had this discussion and were READY to pull that trigger
6. Participating in Drunk Missiving
7. Each time we went out for a fight - Bellinger repeater, O'Neil phyalctery, Skur battle - seemingly every time Ursula looked around, Breaug was arms length away; Breaug saying the same thing to Ursula
8. Moxie's cones of Solaron - where no fun can ever occur
9. Late night brain melting discussions of paradox - If we traveled back in time BEFORE the change, we would have found dinosaurs, but if we travel back in time NOW, we wouldn't......wuuuut
10. Being there to listen to Stryker and say exactly the right thing at exactly the right time (hopefully)
11. Wake up calls 😉
12. Getting back to CC Sunday and the totes were all cleared out already BECAUSE WE HAD SO MANY SCRIPTS!!! 😃
1. Seeing Breaug's face when he got his Bellinger Day gift.
2. Breaug leading the Church of Bellinger in "The Warriors Prayer"
3. Being referred to as "Adrian the "Badass".
4. "Where the hell did you come from?" "Sneaky sneaky, Sir."
5. Lucky smashing pots and chicken flying. Just... Awesome...
6. Talking about how we needed a heavy hitter for a "Diggy Run" like Breaug only to see him walk into view through the cabins in full armor right after it was said. "Hi!"
7. "Best job I ever had" after cave runs 6, 7, and 8.
8. Laughing when Adrian met up with Roy at Death's Door, immediately saying to Roy, "I knew one of us were going to end up here, I just didn't think it would be me, not to mention both of us..."
9. Seeing Matt Kelly, Kenneth Lovell, John Thibedeau, and A.J., then recognizing John by his fighting style and A.J. by those soul piercing eyes of his. You were all awesome, and I was so happy to see and fight you! ^.^
1) NPCing and watching everyone gather around in confusion as Ivan and I made a splashy commotion in the well. (Seeing Loki prepare a death dart was priceless)
2) Death:what has brought you to my domain? Me: jack mother-effing Thompson. Death: I see. Well, what do you plan on doing with your next gift? What plans do you have? Me: killing Jack mother-effing Thompson Death: Perhaps that is not a wise endeavor.
3) Loki's hearing. The emotion that you guys poured into that was fantastic
4) Jack's trial. Seriously, the role play here from everyone was phenomal. I really did forget that it wasn't real :p
5) NPCing as a water elemental, spawning from a puddle, and chasing Diggy through the woods. Diggy my man, you are one fast dude.
6) Everything about that Alice in Wonderland mod. Just everything. I never want to hear "Find the lady" ever again in my life.
7) The case of the Missing Lawn Gnome. "Hey, make sure you search those artificians"
8) participating in the big fight Saturday night. My character has never been involved in a town fight of that scale (I've usually been on the NPC side of things. It was a big switch mentally.
9) The look on Jack's face as he's ripped out of spirit form a second time.
Clown construct skips into town all nearby Wylders reach for weapons/packets. Clown"I need help killing undead" Wu, Setsuna, Silkhands and Alreo stand up briefly talk (a handshake may have occurred) and they walk to the forest with it. Ajax: "If they don't return we are in trouble." Clown returns without the Wylders: "I need a few more they need help down there" Ajax - Sighs gathers weapons and shield.
Seeing two soon to be Wylders(Quinn and Kelda? talking with Slag and me about not having enough coin to buy any korba. "Artifice provides, what are you offering?" She proceeds to reveal some fantastic potions. In 10 minutes she has 2 korba for Quinns ritual. Alreo "I need 8 for my ascension" Malaghar "same deal as I have with Papa you and the Wylds church owe me/church of Artifice a favor" Gives her my last korba. Alreo "deal"
Wil and Quinn call the elf meeting. Slag and Malaghar being the class clowns. Enlightenment, fun and a spirit for someones adulthood are just a few of the highlights.
Malaghar kills his first skur with Artifices dagger. He had lots of strange emotions when that happened. ( I can only imagine what would have happened in the cave with Zeltharin, Breug and Ash)
Sat. morning conversation with Vash. "Did we do the right thing?"
Breug spirit clan fight. Seeing who he is talking to("I have made a special test for you") and realizing Breug does not know who he is talking to.
Thanks again to all the players, staff, scripts, and directors!
1a - Diggy has a fan club? Why does DIGGY have a fan club?! 1b - Never meet your heroes, people.
2a - "There's no way this isn't a trap. It feel a lot more comfortable if we had someone like Breaug with us." Breaug: [rounding corner] "Divine providence, bitches." 2b - "Certified NOT korba." ~ Scob
3 - Choosing RP over combat, for a record number of times in one event.
4a - Everything Garnet. Leda, you pull at my heart strings. 4b - "The only person worse than the one who sat on her is the one who moved her corpse to sleep on the couch."
5a- "By my voice, expose to khesta." "You killed them all." "Well, good!" 5b - It's hard to truly know how much your allies recognize your strength until you've abruptly switched sides. 5c - "You solved my avalanche puzzle!"
6a - Bellinger's Day gifts: Games and private ceremonies. 6b - Winning the premiere game of "Gems!" against all odds.
7a - "Hey, listen!" "This way!" 7b - The satisfying ping of a master sword shattering clay pots.
8a - "The water is awfully agitated this morning." "Yeah I know. It jumped out of the river and nearly killed me." 8b - The look that one water elemental gave the other water elemental. "You go chase that guy. I'll catch up."
9a - Holy scripts, Batman! 9b - The return of the Sunday 'Get your sillies out' fight! We need more of these.
10 - "I have one question for you. During the high holy day of Brashtemere, [[REDACTED]]"